Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I went to a women's event with a friend on Friday night and, as I headed out the door, I told dear hubby (who from now on shall be referred to as The Man of the Place) that he had about 6 hours to sit down with our 5 princesses and figure out the menu for Mother's Day because I was NOT going to be cooking.

I got my breakfast in bed on Saturday morning because it's just too chaotic to do it on Sunday morning. What a breakfast it was! One fried egg, two slices of bacon, a piece of toast, a pumpkin chip muffin, a banana, a bowl of strawberries, a large glass of orange juice and a cup of tea. I was RAWTHER full. In fact, I couldn't eat all of it. But, it was delicious.

Sunday lunch was French bread (made in the bread machine while we were at church) and chicken noodle soup (which had been made on Saturday and was warmed in the crockpot while at church). After lunch, I laid on the couch and dozed on and off for about three hours. I had mentioned that I wanted to garden (i.e. weed), but didn't have the energy to pull it off. Dinner consisted of egg salad sandwiches, chocolate chip scones, cantaloupe, strawberries, tea and, the best part of all, homemade strawberry ice cream.

The princesses made homemade cards for me. Aurora's was so cute. "You're the best Mom I've had in a long time." Like she's had another and/or different one?

But Cinderella wrote a poem. As you'll see in a moment, it's wonderful, but the best part is that she has inherited my ability for writing poetry. And she's only 10!

MOTHERS

Mothers are special, they're caring and giving
They work extremely hard, but don't earn a living.
A living or not, they work every day.
They guide you and show you to walk in God's ways.

If you have a bad dream, she'll welcome you to bed,
But what she'd rather do is sleep instead.
Whenever she gets sick, she does what she always does.
She takes care of her house and her family like she never was.

So to make this Mother's Day special
A homemade card will do fine.
But the real reward is to look at you,
A Mother who's caring and kind.

Sniff. Sniff. Someone pass the Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment