Monday, February 1, 2010

OK. So, I just did it. I started a blog. Not that I don't have enough to do in all my spare time. But, like Julie Powell says in the movie, Julie & Julia (which I highly recommend, especially if you're a foodie), "I could write a blog. I have thoughts."

Now, I don't know how faithful I'll be at writing on my blog, but lots of times I go to post things on Facebook and I run out of room. Thus, the need for a blog. I also have friends asking for recipes, titles of books for their children, etc. If I post to my blog, then it's out there for everyone to find if they want it and need it. Saves me a lot of time.

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Mary Lou Menning and I live in a small town in Minnesota, about an hour west of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I'm not originally from around here. I was born in Philadelphia, PA. Only lived there 6 months until my parents moved to Wilmington, Delaware, where I lived until we moved during Christmas break of my 6th grade year. We moved to Frederick, Maryland. That's where I graduated from high school, attended three years of community college, worked for my dad as his secretary, and attended many Baltimore Orioles games at Memorial Stadium watching the great one, Cal Ripken.

After community college, I attended Philadelphia College of Bible in Langhorne, PA, where I graduated with a B.S. in Elementary Education. I moved to New Jersey to work at America's Keswick in Whiting, NJ. After working there for a few years, I went to teach 2nd grade at Lighthouse Christian Academy in Manahawkin, NJ.

So, how did I end up in Minnesota? Ah, there's the subject for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment